1. Can a gun be sent to my house?
No, all firearms must be sent to a FFL (federal firearms license) dealer.
2. Do I need to have a background check?
Yes, all firearms purchases require a federally mandated background check to be completed by the FFL dealer at the time the firearm is picked up.
3. Can I have the background check done before buying a gun?
No, the background check must be completed at the time the firearm is transferred from the FFL dealer to you.
4. Do I need to have a license?
Most states do not have a licensing requirement, but some local or state laws require a gun license. South Florida Guns, llc recommends you check with your local FFL dealer or refer to the NRA-ILA to check your state’s gun laws.
5. Do I need to have a concealed carry permit?
No, you do not need a carry permit to buy a gun online.
6. Is it legal to buy a gun online?
Yes! It is entirely legal to purchase a firearm online, but the firearm must be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer.
7. Why does the firearm need to be shipped to a FFL?
The Gun Control Act of 1968 outlined new rules for selling and transferring firearms. As a result, it is now federal law to have all firearms shipped to a FFL dealer so the person the firearm is being transferred to can fill out the proper paperwork and complete the required background check.
8. Is it Legal to own the firearm in my state?
It is your responsibility to ENSURE that the firearm you are purchasing is legal in your state.